Thursday, December 3, 2009


Installed 5-point harnesses this weekend. 3" belts for the front and 2" Jr. Dragster belts in the back.

We trailered the car out both Saturday and Sunday for a couple of trail runs. I expected something to break, but the car ran great. The biggest issue is that the rear end is geared way too tall. First is OK, but I have to row in and out of second on steep roads and sand. Third feels like I'm skipping all the way to fourth.

Here's a little video of Sundays run. At the end of the video, you can see where I beat the hell out of the car on some whoops. The back end was working pretty hard, and getting off the ground. It felt like the rear was going to come around on me a few times. I don't plan on driving this hard all the time, but I had to see what the car's limits were. All in all, lots of fun.

No comments: